Friday, July 27, 2007

Erreur, et les mots aux froide la francais

(and to those of you who can correct me, please do because, we all know my french sucks! Do lyrics for this even exist?)

BUT NEVA MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT SUCK!
TRÉS BRILLIANT! D'ACCORD?



Truly underrated as the french coldwave catalogue goes. To me this entire collection is flawless, and even the poor recording quality I think works perfectly with it. I do wish at times the fader was more equal but so be it.
I heard this collection and thought to myself some 5 years ago, this is weird, "why are you playing this? I know I wanted to know about dark french music, but is this really it? He sounds funny. Where's the Norma Loy? This stuff sounds funny. His voice sounds like a chipmunk on riddalin, itchin for a meth booster." But perhaps it was the computer speakers that we brought on holiday with us....the treble just out of control. Perhaps it was how Jacquy B's vocals sounded out of the speakers, like I cannot even explain, but something like little children moaning for something their parent wouldn't let them have from the store. I was beyond clueless, and then I took it back to New York with me, and let it sit on my shelf for about a year not wanting to get rid of it, but really unsure of it.
Then for whatever the reason, I took it out to play for a friend to say what weird music they had in france, and I completely fell in love with it. I was going to make a joke about it, but somehow it became so not funny. Next thing I knew it was on non-stop play at work everyday...and I had to share it with the Weird folk because I felt like I had the golden ticket in my hands that no one else in this country had. This was also when I truly thought that there were like 3 people in America who even knew about the french coldwave scene and they all lived in New York, in Brooklyn, and all knew each other. We were very rare. (Until I was proven wrong..."Someone in Texas is selling a Little Nemo album on Ebay?")
There is such a sense of intensity and immediacy to this album, and at times very dark and sadistic in tone..can't say lyrically, cuz as I said, my french sucks. The following collection of Neva I have is so sad. So I sit here and wonder, where is the Neva boxset? Come on Mr Coldwave French Music 10,000 albums guy, release one! Oh you all know who Im referring to...Someone go post the request on his myspace page!
While some of us say that NEva is the french half of Alien Sex Fiend, I would say only visually to some extent, for I can eagerly listen to this material rather than the drudgery that is a great deal of Nick Fiends melodies...although I do have my weaknesses! Admittedly...
Im listening right now and I still love this! Its just great. There is nothing too complex going on, but it all works in its demented tangent like ways. My favorite moment on here is Outrage, for there is this ginding sound that happens throughout like a vault door opening to a new room each time and then how can I not adore the trademark "Clan of Xymox" instrumental element in there. Yes there it is at 1:08. and back at 1:23..and 1:39..then cue in the guitar as if its going to truly progress to something else and it doesn't, it just goes back to more of that one rhythm and melody that I love so much...which is great. It knows that its good so it doesn't try to go ahead into something...and back to the Xymox thing at 2:37 and 2:51...its a melodica, right? at 3:06....and then its over...oh its soo good.

ICI!

And with that folks, I conclude this weeks donations of tunes and moments...I shall return Monday, a year older and a new layout and tunes to follow! Be well, and daydream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday chica!!!

Anonymous said...

This site provides Z scale specific information and other scales.. [url=http://www.elitwine.com]canada goose jackets[/url] We went for the limited edition version of the release which for an extra twenty bucks got us a separate box that has a bust of Alucard in it. [url=http://www.setupizle.com]canada goose paris[/url] Sgulaahwa
[url=http://www.texsoco.com]canada goose jakke[/url] Lndofikrl [url=http://www.christianlouboutinonlineoutlet.co.uk]christian louboutin shoes[/url] yslkbhvig