Wednesday, July 25, 2007

How Come We Never Talk



What a great album! What a great idea I had to buy it on a whim those years ago because it seemed to be something I would like. There are songs on here that I positively adore...some make me really sad and others make want to frantically run about. They move me, and that's why Breaking The Silence by The Opposition is an awesome album.

Many folks will give the comparison that The Opposition is a side spin to The Chameleons because both are a vibrant rock band with a heavy melancholy side for love lost and personal struggle with a huge sound. But then again, The Crossing by Big Country sounds akin to The Chameleons too, but doesn't hold entirely the same sentiments as those songs...which means, many bands were doing similar things. Instead of the non stop comparisons that we all make by somehow edging out the originators of "that sound" we should all be grateful that we aren't stuck with only one band, one album and one tune to listen to when we feel "that way."

I remember listening to this album a great deal when I got it, and always jumping to She Said because its an amazing song, and I used to "spin it" for that brief moment I dj'd in NYC. Its such a kick ass track. The title track, it kills me. Actually I would say that most of these tracks kill me a bit, because the music is just so in step with the vocalist that as he gets more wound so does the music. Its a really amazing dynamic.

But enough about how I feel, judge for yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you like The Opposition look in my page

http://salmon212.multiply.com/music

The Opposition -Blinder

Anonymous said...

WOW! - Thanks.