Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It Could Kill Me / It Could Be Ecstacy



The infamous band that Factory had no idea how to market because it was simply all over the place as a sound. Precisely why this collection, entitled Temple of The 13th Tribe is, to me, one of the greatest things ever recorded. Its superbly the best emotional landscape which can parallel the earth itself of the smooth grassy plains, to the variants of depth of the mountains and riverbeds, to the multi textural existences of just about every hill and valley.

Why am I being so earthbound in this description because I really move through this album as if a journey were being embarked upon from one extreme to another, and the song titles kind of reinforce it as well. Simply put its the coldwaver's party album, because its got all the elements: the dance element, the mellow out, the introspective thinker, the im feeling emotional and sharing a moment with someone, the i feel like a stranger at this party, and the i am going to be utterly overbearing.

ROYAL FAMILY AND THE POORThe Temple of the 13th Tribe is:
Fragile. Blatant. Menacing. Reserved. Insecure. Human...this album is really human.


At the very beginning there is something so special about what is to come. The innocence and attempt at triumph in the first song, that leads to utter an almost "why am i bothering to feel all coiled inward?" moment. I have to admit, that Voices is a secret dance de pretencia for me, meaning that I am in that spectacle of spinning, dressed in some huge eastern get up gown in the center of the floor flailing arms and making stern facial gestures, is going on. I secretly want to get up and do it every time I hear it, except that i realize my hair is too short to fully carry it off, because something needs to whip the face of the bitchy goth chick behind me, OF COURSE! ha!

Seriously though, this band really has pushed its way to the front of my collection in the last year, and I further highly advise that you all jaunt over to Annie's Animal and grab the Art 45, because that too is beyond brilliant!

Dark and Light

No comments: