Thursday, August 9, 2007

..I WALK THE GHOST OF ALABASTER STREET..


And here we are in the third down of preferred albums. And Also The Trees 1992 release Green Is The Sea (what color were her eyes and the dress? hee hee) Obviously I am not doing a full discographical retrospect but only pinpointing those things that I am most fond of as they pertain to me in this retrospect...this 5 business day retrospect.

The thing that I adore most about this album is the overall feeling of an uplifting nature. I will say that I always start this album at track 2 because I am such not the fan of Valentino, the song annoys me. But this album just makes me feel warm and not in an Im cold and feel warm. I can only liken it to eating something really wonderful that makes you feel like your whole body is radiating a very delightfully rich glow that you could bask in if you were so inclined to lay within yourself.

A great deal of the theatrics have vanished in this album and perhaps that is why I feel that it moves so much more fluidly and resonates a more calmer feeling than the turbulent versus the smooth. There is a still a stoic nature to much of this album for me that I still feel in touch with a nocturnal environment, but it isn't one of despair, its almost of an embracing nature. Dare that I say, that its the snow time Trees album.

I sit here listening to The Fruit Room and glancing at a photo I have of Central Park covered with snow, it seems so utterly perfect. A meandering dream of white scattering amongst you as if in a snow globe. That type of perfect delight that can only be experienced as you appreciate the smallest of things...although there is no jasmine growing into this landscape...

I will always wonder how these bands are felt by those who don't have the background of the northeast of the US to affiliate it with. I mean, I know the feelings of a one in particular, but for others...I associate landscape so much with the music I listen to, that what is it like if you are a huge AATT fan but live in Arizona? Or if you live in Kansas....or say you live in Tokyo, or Greece...what is it like...Or does stuff like this just aim to empathize with those who live in the UK and areas like it...is that why they always play in Belgium and Paris, because of the similar UK weather...

I mean even reflective in the name of the band, its a nature source of inspiration, from the line of the infamous poem they penned the name from. Okay, perhaps I am once again going too far with this, said she of The tremendous Risk for Mr Ferdico...this song has always made me a bit frantic. And its a good instrumental, but not one I would always notate, but I should, more.

LINK : {Her Crescent Figure Through Green Waters}

just a quick catch up on those blissful aatt instrumentals i adore so very much

No comments: