Friday, August 31, 2007

Don't Tell Me

DIE UNBEKKANTEN


I first came across this band back in 2001, when an acquaintance of mine via the pleasures of musical dorkdom online sent out a CD of war themed songs on a comp about how we were doomed as of 9/11. THe cover was the Time magazine cover of the impalling Twin Towers of NYC. The comp started with The Zounds track WAR.

In the midst of many bands on this compilation was this very lo fi sounding one with this almost metronome like drum machine beat, that had a very analogue similarity to early Sisters for me. Who are these Unbekannten folks? No one I knew in the musical dork scene of the time knew. I just knew I had this pretty neat song that was so simple but so catchy that I really liked it utterly so.

Add a few years to that, and after sending the song along to another friend, he acquired the ep, and sent back to me these songs ripped from vinyl. Yippee, now I had more; hope it sounds good. I really like the lead track Don't Tell Me. Its but a quick 4 tracker, but its a good little cocktail / appetizer for the satisfaction of the listener...at least I think so.

Considering I am becoming increasingly bitter about this war I am taking the moment to reflect in spirit and in time that which 9/11 spawned and has not rectified. So lets donate here for the ears of others, something that the government hasn't had a hand in destroying....our ability to share amongst those who share a universal enthusiasm to hear music and to be of like minded individuals who feel the same about it.

Surely there can be one element left that officials cannot deny us. Since they are aiming to fuck everything else up....

LINK : {Allegiance For A Future Where Everything's Nice}

3 comments:

noinim said...

your writing is pleasantly engaging. as a matter of fact, you should earn money for piecing words together so effortlessly! and i really mean that!! *rubs hands together in anticipation of next post*

Plastiquegal said...

well i will certainly try to keep some sense of level of writing, just don't slash me for the A-Ha on this next post. But I do thank you for the compliment...and how nice it would be to earn money for something I actually enjoyed or had a true passion for...ah the joys of jaded professions...

noinim said...

under breath proclamation...

i like A-ha.

there's a proper time and mood for most everything!