Monday, August 6, 2007

..A YOUNG MAN AND HIS BRIDE..


Oh this band, this band that I have mocked for being one of the most lyrically pretencious I know. This band that I have created mocked lyrics around and quoted one line and one line over and over..."Cotton forgotten summer dress..."
But underneathe the amusement I have at times with this band, like all of my favorites that I make jokes with, I simply adore And Also The Trees.

I confess that sometimes the vocals are a bit over the top for me, but the music...I have to say that hands down, no one does what they do. While there are so many bands out there that I love and that have many akin to them, for some reason there are a few that many adore, and yet, not one seems to have gotten the blueprint right or made the attempt at all...I feel honored, because a Simon Huw Jones knock off would probably be unbearable, and honestly, I would probably hate it for trying to be something it isn't.

Musically, there is something so time cherished with all of their albums, and upon the later released and this entry posted, The Klaxon, I feel somehow transient in a time of an I don't really know. I have always thought something spanish of this, and perhaps its the percussion and calypso like moments, especially within the track of Johnny Lexington. I feel the haze of an afternoon fading and the dusk on the brink of making its appearance, but no one has gotten upset. Everything seems to push further into the days events that just makes the enjoyment factor a bit moodier but richer.

Then there is the brilliance of the silhouetting guitars by J. Jones, and as yet another shimmering delight of sparkle dancing in the stark nature that he seems to be the master of. Oh gosh I want other things in this musical world to sound like this, why no one ever sites him as a creative force in this industry/genre is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, I mean like any Trees album, the melancholy, sombre and underlying bitterness is there, but in tone of the arrangements, its something that has always felt still very warm to me. Its like edging your body up into the pushed creases of your duvet and finding that warm spot and being warmed by the heat stroked sun outside that beams upon you. Then you take that visual and magnify it into a perfect mental moment of engaged activity and well, for me, it is beyond amazing.

The Klaxon was the first album I owned by AATT, and while many tend to site the eponymous release as the best, which is then set against the other school of Trees fans who site The Millpond Years, which I have to state I am a member of the latter, I think this album is perhaps my second favorite.

I feel like spinning through a room of Terracotta and then sinking into a gazeful curiosity from a balcony, with a fine glass of red...yes I said it. You know what follows, yes, and a fine tobacco product.

LINK : [ as he walks far from this town ]

No comments: