Friday, August 3, 2007

HAPPY 50th POST! / IN SILENCE...



Some Things Never Change (4:49)
A Small Mercy (3:51)
Barrier (3:31)
Sense Of Doubt (5:35)
The Treasure (5:11)
Slow Away (4:09)
Now And Forever (4:43)
French Painter Dead (3:55)
Out Of The Ruins (3:17)
A Moment Like This (3:31)
In Silence (4:32)
Recession (6:13)
The Inside Veil (4:21)
I Know (4:11)
Quiet (3:32)
Lost (7:29)
In A Little Room (2:59)
An Idea (2:42)

A beautiful assortment of melodies that make you feel completely wonderful and warmed within the core of frozen icicles refusing to melt in your throat while the outdoors remind you that autumn is ending and winter is near. But isn't great to at least have these amazing songs to at least make pretty winter landscapes in your mind to?

A tormenting end of autumn and misery wretched winter of 2004 I spent listening to this album over and over and becoming so coiled within all I wanted to do was feel sad. But I felt sad with quite possibly the best assortment of songs to truly bask in the misery with. And the song titles, how's that for cold comfort- Some Things Never Change, A Small Mercy, Sense of Doubt, In Silence, I Know, In A Little Room, The Inside Veil...gosh if every perfection for feeling isolated and alone to truly feel how alone truly is, this is it!

Im an odd girl, because I am actually very keen on this day and I am very happy at the moment, so to be listening to this without the usual fostered emotions I would have to require my gravitation to it, its interesting. I still think these songs are a stoic image of beauty and stunning stillness. The memory of those moments of those years ago make me cringe, but I reflect only to acknowledge them. They are but images that are slurring and blurring atop the ripples of the water as if but dead leaves being brought off to somewhere else and collect upon another shore. They are precious, but they are also a passing of what was.

Fra Lippo Lippi did everything right in every song down to the cascading piano parts (which is probably the number one reason this is such an adored collection, I love piano) that denote musically, the character of each song. There is nothing wrong with anything here. I can only relate my emotions of one other collection of earlier works that hits me in the same way, and perhaps it is because I acquired the same time, and that is The Wild Swans Renacent collection. The grace and humility of wrong and right of you and i, as one level removed from human kindness has never sounded so beautiful and made feeling horrible more attractive. You can take it for how you wish, but it is impossible to NOT find this compelling.

As for the later stuff, eh, Id rather not get into it...The early years are the treasure...in a manner of speaking!

Out of The Ruins

No comments: