Monday, June 4, 2007

A R KANE

[tracks]
A R Kane-Lollita
A R Kane- So Far Away
M|A|R|R|S- Anitina
[offline]

All things that I revel in musically are in this song, save for the one major factor of a kickin bassline. But I have a huge weakness for really fragile delicate, frozen in the movement of its own composition type songs. One's that seem to be almost of another era in feeling, and by that, they conjure up nothing that feels like that which is around you. Lollita is one of my all time favorite songs, ever! An awesome find for this ep I bought in LA many years back for 3$ in the bargain bin at Vinyl Fetish. From the first time I listened to it, it grabbed my most haunted essence and I was completely mesmerized by it. The dynamic of the dueling entities both fragile and cherished and captivated....pushed to loud and abrasive....then back to fragile....extreme movement in tone that push and pull at each other and balance out so perfectly that you dont even see it as a balance but as a perfect compliment that keeps contradicting. DO you know what I mean? Well I do. Frozen ice. Scorching sun, but its like being hot and lying on a cold duvet...both things against but work with.

A person who roams about and just peers through the spaces left by buildings that sit side by side. Head down and thinking about it. Roaming the streets by yourself. Sitting by yourself by the streetside and watching the people and other histories pass. Watching moments form for others, and having those outside elements reflect your inside yesterdays. You seem so far away but the moments are fragments that are broken because they no longer exist but still mirror within an ebb and flow, gracing the eyes always when they are recalled to the memory.

I hate Colourbox. We all usually know why that phrase exists, do I have to even say why? But, with having a fondness for the A side of this MARRS 12" I never bothered to like it so much to buying it for I figured it wasn't worth it. I had the chance to hear the flip side numerous times but never did. And then I had my ass kicked with it about a few months ago one day in January and I'll never be the same...

This song kicks ass, and as a certain someone said, "I love, love...this song." I have to say that I have to agree...and now I own the said 12", but the one with the shorter version...but i have this long version now two places, so as long as I have it, that's all that matters. I can't say that I can put a visual with it, but it makes me feel damn good whenever I hear it. The fall out when all the guitars do this layering action, holy, it sends me...I blast that part because its gorgeous!
wait for it at the 5:41 and blast it.

The song is just beyond words to me, and such moments of discovering things that hit you in this way make musical discovery worth it every time!

(more to come on that last thought*)

2 comments:

Joe said...

Liar. You love Colourbox. They are the best 4ad band ever! Yes. HOT DOGGIE 4 EVA!!!! It will be my wedding song.

Anonymous said...

A.R.Kane are re-relaesing all the original singles in a comp CD thru One Little Indian, early this summer. :)
Check ARKane.co.uk and http://www.facebook.com/pages/ARKane/142760145800896?ref=tn_tnmn