Monday, June 25, 2007

Haunted in The Hollow

[O F F L I N E]
Dome Cruel When Complete
Martin Dupont Just Because
Pink Turns Blue Moon
The Lucy Show History Part One
Thule Ssel Gniemanlla

What is it about sound and production that sometimes suckers me more than the composition of the actual song itself? A song could have the worst lyrics ever, but if they are slightly muted and the sound-scape surrounding are really mystical, most likely I'll like it. Fortunately, I don't think that the above thought applies to the selections above, but I'm just saying.

I gravitate towards so many types sounds...the wall of sound with feedback galore and clashing guitars layered and layered, and when mixed down, layered more until i can't hear myself breathe. I am also drawn to things that seem a bit hollow in tones as if they were recorded in empty white rooms with no producer at all, when in fact they have just been deliberately produced to sound like that.

The selections all have a certain bleakness in tone for me that the songs seem ungrounded and not all slicked out in production hyper quality...there is a roughness to them that I like. I can say that the Thule may not seem to rough there is something within in it that I find unresolved...
The Martin Dupont track just seems vacant and roaming to me, even though its very arranged, but I listen to it and feel like I'm spiraling around in something waiting for something but not the something I'm sure about...
Pink Turns Blue, the drums resonate in such a way that it feels the way U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday video looks...somewhere out in the snow and cold. But once again I suppose a stark night time upon the view of a moon could be the same effect...but the nature of this song lingers in a haunting way to me. One of those songs that feels like you have felt, and lyrics aside the anxiousness is so dead on. And the coarse rusty driven like guitars as emotional moments...oh I can't help myself, I really like this song.
History Part One by The Lucy Show well its simply dark and rough around the edges in all the best ways. The bells of doom that ring through this, its so ominous. The nature of the recording has a slight muffling, so its very fitting, which is probably more to do with the nature of the aesthetic that time, versus the lack of proper skilled technicians...I wouldn't want it remastered and "brought into the CD clarity of the day." "Is anybody someone anybody" how can you say these lyrics are not tinged with vacancy and the sense of the blank white room....*mental note, dedicate post to Lucy Show*
You should just enjoy the Thule song, because its from the Flexipop compilations, and its a nice elegant spiralling of kind of the themes I expressed, with qualities that send you here and there a bit. Back and front...Left and Right. Still preserved with a bit of uncertainty and anxiousness.

I love being slightly irked by what I listen to....the prickles upon the back of one's neck.

2 comments:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool! Don't think for a minute that my invitation is spam and I'm a spammer. I'm only searching for a public that may like or love what I write.

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle but as a challenge and think for a minute if I and the rest of the world are not expecting something like a broad cumplicity. Remenber that pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Zahidvtcb said...

Most people know that we should keep are thermostat below 70, at either 68 or even 65 to save money on our utility bill. Read expert and consumer reviews and testimonials about various brands of home appliances. 4 Quick Connect nozzles; 25 ft Industrial steel braid hot water hose; Overpressure safety relief valve; High temperature limit switch for safe operation; In-line chemical injection system;.