Friday, October 5, 2007

The Resonating Strings of Autumn



I love this album. I have to say that You Or Sidney by Rise and Fall of a Decade is definitely a great album and utterly appropriate for the autumn of this land. Its moody, but yet great for the sense of sunshine bliss in a cool moment. The second greatest thing about this album, is that its one of those albums that you can listen from start to finish and not feel apt to skipping tracks, which is always the sign of a solid and great album.

The song that grips me the most about this album, that I feel a cinematic moment for is Hold Me. Sure I can be a cheesy dramatic quasi post ethereal goth, its not too hard to drift every now and then into some fantasy novel motif that runs rampant in the genre, but its really quite a compelling song, when played loud. Otherwise its kind of lackluster, but when you are feeling a bit sentimental and little sad it just makes you long for a hug of confidence so terribly.

The title track, You or Sidney is superfun, and when I eventually get around to DJ'ing again will assuredly be in there, because its such a song full of pep and all the good things that great songs have. Its a great driving song, and those always make for awesome spinning tunes.

I dont want to get caught up in thoughts right now, Im just listening to it and it seems right for the day and they mood Im in. If you are unfamiliar with this album, then I highly suggest grabbing the download and giving it a listen!

LINK : One Of These Days

No comments: