Monday, May 21, 2007

How Strange When It Seems So Normal

Good Afternoon.
Here is an attempt at something very precious to me...music. Oh yes, another one of them, for Blogger does not have its overly insane amount of blogs created by musical enthusiasts. I am prepared to offer something different, and even if there are but 4 people who pay me any attention then there is hope that there are 4 people out there who care in the manner in which I do.

I know a great deal about music. I know a bunch of really obscure bands. I can talk my fair share about information, details, side projects, cross reference producers and guitarist relevance, and Im just starting to expand my knowledge into machines, guilty! Are you going to hear this type of dialogue on this blog? NO!

I don't care anymore. I care solely about why I am listening to what I do. Enough banter about information, there are multitudes of sites of music dorks like myself spewing details about these bands, so why jump on a long winded train of others? There are folks out there more knowledgeable than myself so why act as if I am the new all-knowing? Im not. But I do thank those of you who do spread the knowledge, because I do think for those not in the know, it is a great service to share the wealth!!

I am doing this because I have drifted away from creative writing, and once upon a time I used to sit in my bedroom as a young teenager and compose music video scripts of the songs I loved. I would roam around aimlessly with my headset and compose visions and scenes in my head based upon what I was listening to. I loose myself in what I listen to that I feel as if I am walking around in a video, however simple or stoic it is, I am transcended, always. Here I am at 30 still falling into those moments with my headset, and still relishing the visions created by music rather than those of reality.

There is a desire to do this, and the best reason is because I want to, and one should never put off doing something they wish to do. There is but one conscious moment in this life to do, so never deny yourself. So here I am. On the threshold to sharing my pretencious, honest, humble, moments based upon my musical escapes and daydreams...

Perhaps you have felt the same way too?

No comments: