Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hurray for McCarthy


McCarthy tracks-
A Child Soon In Chains
An MP Speaks
Now Is The Time For an Iron Hand
The Process Of Popular Capitalism
The Vision of Peregrine
The Well-Fed Point of View

[offline]
One of the most addictive pop bands to ever grace my ears. And a most addictive venture to music stores to find these darn albums, eventually I caved and used the infamous Gemm...I couldn't deal with not being able to find it.

In the essence of The Smiths, McCarthy brought the truly dark lyrics to really catchy jangle pop and that is why I thought they were positively brilliant...these lyrics are really amongst the best.

In essence they changed my enthusiasm for this genre and launched me into a head first quest of all things jangly pop, inclusive of searching through the wide vast catalogues, of Aussie bands and Scottish bands, most notably contained in the C86 family. I give them much credit, and all I ask is that when listening to them, you play it loud or else its going to sound like background AM radio...

enjoy!

No comments: